Wednesday 29 September 2010

The challenge! T minus 1: The night before!

OK, so I'm a bit late getting this updated, but better late than never (or so they say). I managed to scribble a few thoughts down at the end of each day, so these updates will consist of those and what other bits and pieces I can remember!


'Twas the night before......
I had a busy morning in the office, so I was feeling pretty wound up and stressy by the time my friend Geoff arrived to give me and my bike a lift to the bus stop. I was getting increasingly nervous about what lay ahead, so tried to use the bus journey from Oxfordshire to London Victoria to calm myself down.


I arrived at Victoria and then after figuring out how to balance my rucksack, day pack and bike, I headed to Victoria train station and got on the train to Blackheath.


I got checked in at the Clarendon Hotel and then spent most of the afternoon chilling out my room (still trying to pull myself together!!). That evening, I had a little wander around Blackheath and had a carbo loaded pasta dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Then I went back to the hotel feeling very full and very sleepy (good news, as we had a 5am wake up call!).


I spent some time studying the map which had been provided, but there were no contours marked, so I couldn't get wound up about the hills ahead which was probably a good thing!


Got a surprisingly good night's sleep and woke up in plenty of time for brekkie the next morning - phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment