Thursday 4 March 2010

Do they come in threes?

I'm talking about PUNCTURES!!! 


I am now convinced that they're like bad luck. I had one on the front tyre a while back and enlisted the help of my beloved long suffering other half to get it all fixed. Then, literally leaving the back garden for a ride and that familiar "hiss" sound is heard and the back tyre is flat as a pancake. 


Back to the house and decided to do a complete overhaul - brand new tyres (they were just about due for a replacement anyway) complete with brand new inner tubes (found a great offer online!).


Replaced back and front and went out earlier this week - well, I felt like Lewis Hamilton they were so quick! Hurray!


Had to go and collect the car from the garage today, so decided to tie it in with getting out on the bike.....half a mile down the road and that "hisssssss" was back again. So, about half an hour, one car and a £500 bill later, I'm walking back down the road to the house with another flat tyre.


But that's three - am I done now?


Good news is, all this practice at puncture repairs is paying off and I no longer need my OH to rescue me. Good job really since he's in Canada at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. I HATE punctures! I decided to clean my chain last weekend as it had been sticking a bit and realised with a depressing sigh that I also had a puncture (I had goo in the tyres so it had taken a while to appear). As you say, the only good thing about them is the practice - an hour later I still wasn't convinced I had my back wheel back on properly! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a nightmare can't it! I am still getting the hang of all this and was having problems getting the tyre back into the rim after changing the inner tube, but think I've got that sussed now!

    Just looking forward to trying out my new pedals now!

    ReplyDelete